Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Week 9

Turning Pro: I don't have a next step in my photojournalism career. I feel that I will continue to take pictures because I enjoy it but I know I am not great at it. The pictures that I will take will probably be of my family or close friends. I always have my phone on me which has a camera so if I need/wanted I could take pictures whenever. My dad also takes pictures on the side for Hise Studios so I could help him if he ever needs help but that will be the extent of my photo taking career.

I have taken away some skills from this class such as not being afraid to get in there and take pictures. I also learned that most people don't mind their picture being taken. The other thing I have taken away from this class is that if the area the picture is taken in is too dark you can only lighten it so much. Lighting is important for pictures to turn out good.

Photographer of the Week: The photographer that stood out to me that people presented about was Stephen Wilkes. The reason he stood out to me was because his pictures seem to pull you in. The time lapse pictures were cool but the ones of Ellis Island. I like these pictures because it makes me want to go explore the area and they have this sort of mysterious feel to them. You also get this look at history but you get this modern look at it.

The way I could use his techniques in my work is go find other abandon buildings and take pictures of them. I could do the time lapse of day and night but I don't have the patience to do that or the equipment to do it.  It is also hard to use his techniques too because he does a lot of editing and I am not that familiar with editing pictures except for what we did in class here so my pictures wouldn't turn out as bright and vivid as his did.

Below is my favorite of Stephen Wilkes Ellis Island, called Corridor 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment