Friday, November 4, 2016

Week 6

My Hometown: 
I am going to photograph Philomath Oregon because even though I grew up in Corvallis most of my teenage years were spent in Philomath and my Parents currently live there. I feel like I have more ties to Philomath than any other place. Not only did I graduate from Philomath but I also still work there and now probably 80% of the people that live there.

I was planning on taking pictures of the high school for my landmark because the high school has been in the news lately in a bad way and I would like to bring a good light to it and have people realize that it is actually a good school to go to. For my activity I was thinking of taking a picture of the dance team at Philomath High school because this is their second year doing a different style of dance than they normally do so it is a challenge not only for the girls but the coaches as well. Another option I thought about for the activity was the Holiday Craft Fair that is happening the weekend of November 5th. I thought about taking pictures of people who were setting up and selling their stuff or I could also take pictures of the people who are there to buy stuff. It is the craft fair that happens every year and is kind of a tradition. For the portrait subject I am not 100% sure about who I am going to take a picture of but I might do the new principal and vice principal of the high school because this is their first year there. Another option might be the mayor of Philomath, Rocky Salon.

I think the hardest out of those three to take a picture of is the portrait because for one I am not sure who I want to take a picture of and second I feel like it is harder for me to take pictures of people. Not really sure why it is harder for me but it is.

Photo Editing: 
Cropping: With cropping it really depends on the picture. One picture you might have to crop a bunch of stuff out but with another you may not have to. Overall you want to cut out all the extra (fat is what the book calls it), cropping too much will make the picture grainy, crop ruthlessly, preserve the mood, and cropping can change the message of the picture.

Captions: Some picture do not need words to help describe what is going on in them but most of the time they do and when they do a well written caption is needed. When writing the caption you have to be careful because words can influence the meaning of the picture. In the caption the opening words must capture the reader's attention. Also in the caption there should be what, who, when, where, why and how about the picture. The caption should also be declarative sentences and short with as few words as possible.

Week 6 Photos: Photographer's Choice

Twenty-five year old Josh Hernandez is a local residence of Albany, Oregon who has been skateboard for many years. He doesn't get to skate as much as he use to because of work and being adult takes over his life. He mostly skates in Albany or Corvallis but he loves to skate down in Eugene or Junction City when he gets the chance. Another reason he doesn't skate as much is because now that he is older he falls apart easier. He actually has a rod through his shin from when he was about twenty; he broke his leg completely in half and had to have screws and the rod put in. 

Josh Hernandez, 25

No comments:

Post a Comment