Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Week 10

Your Best Photojournalism: The best photo I feel that I took this term was the picture of Rylee Henderer, the rodeo queen with her horse. The reason I like this photo is because the lighting worked great and it wasn't forced it was all natural and the horse actually cooperated. In most of the other pictures is had it's head down or just not working. The one thing I don't like about the photo is her hand on the right side is kind of funky and to me it stands out. It reflects what I learned because I took the lighting into account because she does have a big hat that could cast a shadow on her face. I also got a little closer to the subject than I have in other shoots which made the pictures turn out a little better. I also tried different angles in the shoot, it doesn't really show in this picture but this was the shoot that I got really low, took pictures from behind, and from the front.

The one thing I feel that has changed the most form when I started this class to now is that I just take a bunch of pictures instead of just a couple. I also feel like I get in there more instead of just standing off to the side and hoping to get some good pictures. The example I feel like I did this on was when I went to Finders Keepers in Lincoln City and took pictures of the glass blowing. I started taking pictures of people doing it and got as close as I could.

My Goals: These were my goals that I wrote about the first week of class.

"My goals for this class are being more social. I feel bad interrupting people to ask them information to put as a caption for my photos. My second goal would be just working on my photography skills. I would like to get more artsy photos or even just appealing photos instead of the normal straight on shot. My third and final goal would be just widening my knowledge of photojournalism as a whole and appreciating the field more."

I feel that I have met my goals that I wanted to achieve but maybe not to the fullest extent. For the first goal I feel that I did get a little more social and asked people for names. The reason I feel that I didn't do that great on it is because I still am a little shy and don't want to interrupt people. The example I used in the previous topic about Finders Keepers in my best example for this goal.

The second goal was to take more artsy photos which this class isn't really about so I didn't meet this goal but the bigger goal that I wanted that dealt with this was photography skills. For that I feel like I did meet this because I would look for better lighting in pictures and try to get high or low angles and I did this when I was doing the "free" shoot where I took pictures of Josh Hernandez and skateboarding.

The final goal was to widen my knowledge of photojournalism which obviously I did by just taking this class. I feel like the book helped especially when we looked at ethics. It really showed what photojournalist have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment